I've seen several threads on this, but am submitting a new thread as suggested in another thread.

I have a school with 18 computers. ALL of them started the same problem at about the same time: at some point during computer use the taskbar turns gray and the volume icon, though present, does not work.

In some cases, I could solve the problem by rolling back the driver, but on other computers, this same method did not work. I do not have an antivirus program, but use DeepFreeze to keep my computer in its original state. The virus, if that's what it is, must have crept in at some point during maintenance. When I reboot, the computer goes back to its original state because of DeepFreeze, but the problem must be saved somewhere because it keeps happening.

Thanks!

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I think the grey taskbar is not the thing to worry about.

In my experience, the sound problem is usually caused by a conflict - like IRQ. This would cause the dound service to disable. This can usually be restarted from Admin Manager/Services - but you need to get to the root cause.

Maybe you have installed some conflicting software and then incorporated it into your Deepfreeze setup; we don't know that from this distance.

Let us know.

hey i have the same problem i got a virus im sure is a virus turning my sound off and changing taskbar to grey also stop connectig to the local area network i had the last update of nod32 but whatever didnt find something i wounder how to solve this problem i had reinstall many computers but i still have the same problem can u aid me plz

hey i have the same problem i got a virus im sure is a virus turning my sound off and changing taskbar to grey also stop connectig to the local area network i had the last update of nod32 but whatever didnt find something i wounder how to solve this problem i had reinstall many computers but i still have the same problem can u aid me plz

anchom, this thread is over 6 months old. You need to create your OWN new thread rather than hijack an unsolved thread. Begin your own thread, state all your problems, give pertinent info...operating system, anti-virus program, steps you have taken in an attempt to correct the problems and somebody will offer to help.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.