Hey, I have just acquired a problem yesterday night; as I was chatting on MSN, my laptop began to become super laggy; I immediately rebooted and when I tried to log back in, right about the time you enter the main desktop; a popup says that userinit.exe has failed to work. As I click OK to terminate; the desktop is completely blank, and I try to open task manager, which also failed. I have tried using safemode but to no avail. I have read many of your guides here; they instruct me to download software; but I cannot find a way how to download the software if I have no connection with any program whatsoever.

Thank you, I hope you can try to help me resolve this.

Have you tried disconnecting all cords except monitor, keyboard, mouse and power cords then reboot.

Durring windows startup (where you see it run its boot sequense) see if you get any errors.

If you still cannot restart with your windows disk in the drive (do not boot to cd but boot to hard drive).

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.