Hey, sorry to start another post when theres another one saying "desktop locked", but i didn't really get wt ppl were saying in there so i decided to open a new one.

Anyway, my laptop has this problem for a while already, it doesn't really affect the normal running of the programs, but its just that theres no icons on the desktop and i can't click on it, whenever i do, it just opens up the start bar page thingy (but i can still change wallpaper). And just a while ago when i was going to clean up some files, i realize that the Document and Setting file was locked, also the documents file and application data file. Is there any easy way to clear out the virus, as i am not tht smart on computers :)

Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

You are correct about starting your OWN thread, even if there is something maybe similar running no two computers are alike and even though they may be showing similar symptoms the cause may be totally different so fixes would be totally different. This would make it very confusing.
What operating system are you using? Have you run any anti-virus scans or anti-malware scans?

thxs 4 replying..n erm...i use windows vista..Home Premium Service Pack 1
i tried running norton virus scan, but nth showed up.. so i am kinda lost after tht :P

Look at this concerning Documents and Settings folder in Vista
for the Icons try using Classic View for the desktop and see if they come back or try this:
Right-click an empty part of the desktop, click View, and then click Show Desktop Icons and put a check mark in that option

Look at this concerning Documents and Settings folder in Vista
for the Icons try using Classic View for the desktop and see if they come back or try this:
Right-click an empty part of the desktop, click View, and then click Show Desktop Icons and put a check mark in that option

Thxs, but then i couldn't even press on the desktop ><"
and i think the link is really helpful, coz i think thts my problem ><" but then i dunno wt i can do with it :P help please

Thxs, but then i couldn't even press on the desktop ><"
and i think the link is really helpful, coz i think thts my problem ><" but then i dunno wt i can do with it :P help please

No chat room speak please. Use correct English as per the forum rules :).

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.