Hi All,

I received an e-mail from a friend of mine.
It contained three jpeg images with the title Imagens Anexadas.
When I tried to open those images,it gave me a dialog box asking either to run or save.
I tried to run it.But nothing happened (Nothing am aware of).
Then after some time, I received the same mail from the same person. So I asked this fellow about it and he told me he didn't send any such mail to me.
After googling I came to know that it's a virus and it will slow down the computer and all. What should I do? Is it something very serious? Should I change my Email id? Nobody in my contacts list has complained of receiving any such mails from my ID as of now.

Any Solutions??

Recommended Answers

All 12 Replies

Your friend needs to disinfect his PC and so do you. What protective software do you have (please list all of it) and what does it say when you do a full scan?

First of all, have you got an anti virus on your computer?

Hi ..
I do have an antivirus software installed in my system.
And I did a complete scan also.
It said no risks/threats found.
I deleted the temp internet files and cleared the cache also.

We need to know exactly what protective software you have in order to asses the likelihood of your pc being infected.

EXACT protective software will help evaluate how well you are covered (ie, some AV utilities lack either anti-malware/spyware protection/removal capabilities, and others lack firewall ability which would block unauthorised files linking out). Just knowing you have an AV is not sufficient.

Hi..

I am using Symantec.

Ewwwwww, that means you have very poor protection.

Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware to your desktop.

* Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
* At the end, be sure to checkmark the Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
* Once the program has loaded, select Perform full scan, then click Scan.
* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
* Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
* When completed, a log will open in Notepad.
* Post the log back here.

Make sure that you restart the computer.

Symantec, as in Norton (agree... ewwww)?

Symantec corporate (excellent)?

edit: original post took a few secs to display, lol

Hi All,

I received an e-mail from a friend of mine.
It contained three jpeg images with the title Imagens Anexadas.
When I tried to open those images,it gave me a dialog box asking either to run or save.
I tried to run it.But nothing happened (Nothing am aware of).
Then after some time, I received the same mail from the same person. So I asked this fellow about it and he told me he didn't send any such mail to me.
After googling I came to know that it's a virus and it will slow down the computer and all. What should I do? Is it something very serious? Should I change my Email id? Nobody in my contacts list has complained of receiving any such mails from my ID as of now.

Any Solutions??

Hi Tessy,

This is Mike from the Norton Authorized Support Team.

Can you please tell me which Norton product and version you currently have installed? You can determine this by opening your Norton product, choose "Help & Support" and then choose "About". Please let me know the product and the exact version number so I can assist you further.

Thank you,
Mike

Hi, guys!
Yesterday, I received an email from the following email address: kameelkhan_newceys@hotmail.com His email message contained the words Imagens anexadas, and three jpeg files, which I tried to open, but they did not open. Then I typed Imagens anexadas in my Google search box, and realised that the email I received contained a dangerous virus. Indeed, my computer has somewhat slowed down now, and I am warning the community on this site that - yes, emails containing the words Imagens anexadas and the three .jpg attachments are dangerous. Delete if you receive them.
safeandsound

Member Avatar for rchaves

Hi,

a few friends of mine got a similar virus (i believe its a Trojan)! There are 3 images, usually jpg thumbnails. If you check the link of the thumbnails it redirects you to a .SCR file download somewhere. Do NOT open it! Its a virus! I am still trying to get more info about this and how to get rid of it! I have several friends with hotmail accounts sending me (against their will) emails with the 3 jog files and different subjects, etc... But they all go to the SCR files!

Regards
Ricardo

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.