Hello
Can someone please help me? I have lost my run command and the search function on my computer.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Ok, so u mean that u lost run & search field from ur start menu?

Which OS r u using? If u r using WinXP,then follow these steps:

1)R.C on taskbar and click on properties.
2) Click on Start Menu tab on the top and then click on Customize button.
3) Click on Advance tab on the top and then scroll down under "start menu" items and u will see run and search options,just put a check
in their boxes and then click on "OK".

use gpedit..
go to c:\windows\system32 and go to gpedit and click it then it will open group policy and go to user configuration -> administrative components -> start menu and taskbar.
then in right hand side search "remove run menu from start menu" double click this and enable first then click OK and restart your computer and again do the sane thing and after double click in remove "remove run menu from start menu" use not configured then click ok and again restart your computer then check in start menu you will see the run menu in start menu.
for search menu do the same thing in "remove search menu from start menu".
hope you will do this.

The user hasn't mentioned whether he is in a domain or workgroup
environment?

Kobusjr, can u pls provide these info?

no need to mention these things bocz user can change group policy even in the stand alone computer.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.