Hello,
I was recently infected with virus that locked my background and wouldn't let me change it. I searched for the "warning" background file and deleted it. However, the background was still locked. So I downloaded and purchased Spyware Doctor. It turns out my computer was infected with a trojan cws virus. Spyware Doctor found and fixed the problem, but it said that some of the "threats" were still there. I clicked the "fix" button twice and it said all threats were gone. I'm still skeptical about whether or not Spyware Doctor really got everything. But, it still didn't fix my locked background problem and I don't know for sure if the virus is completely gone. If someone could help me with this, I would really appreciate it. Thanks! :)

Sorry you have waited so long for a response. We have been short handed here. If you are still having problems do the following:
Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (MBA-M) to your Desktop.

* DoubleClick mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install MBA-M.
* Be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
* Once the program has loaded, select Perform full scan, then click Scan.
* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
* Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
* When MBA-M finishes, Notepad will open with the log. Please save it where you can find it easily. The log can also be opened by going to Start > All Programs > Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware > Logs > log-date.txt.

REBOOT after running MBA-M!

Next download HiJackThis and run a Full Scan with it. Save the log.
Post back here with the MBA-M log and the HiJackThis log and I promise you won't have to wait long for a response.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.