So I'm having a problem with my computer running slow and it seems to stem from multiple iexplore.exe instances running even though I use firefox and never use IE. It is really jamming up my system, I've read several different accounts from people and it seems to be linked to some file getting corrupted and then communicating through ie. I have run Avast and AVG virus scans and nothing shows. I have a HJT log which I will post. Thanks a bundle.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

You could always stop the service for the iexplorer.exe process in task manager.

1. go into task manager and click on services or processes tab
2. click on services button down the bottom right of task manager window.
3. scroll through window in services (should direct you to services)and look for internet explorer or explorer.exe and stop.
4. right click on this service and switch to manual start and it should fix your problem.

Let me know how you get on
regards rangarecon

You could always stop the service for the iexplorer.exe process in task manager.

1. go into task manager and click on services or processes tab
2. click on services button down the bottom right of task manager window.
3. scroll through window in services (should direct you to services)and look for internet explorer or explorer.exe and stop.
4. right click on this service and switch to manual start and it should fix your problem.

Let me know how you get on
regards rangarecon

Crunchie has given correct information to this poster. If you wish to assist here you must follow proper procedures.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.