Hello,
I have been using AVG for some time now and the problem I have with it I can not disable or turn it off to install software. I have to unistall AVG then I can install the program. Anyone know of a Viruses program that can be disable or turned off?
Thank for the help
Ernie

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Get rid of AVG entirely. Go with either Avira Free or Avast Free.
That said, why would you need to disable your anti virus program at all? There is no reason to turn off an av program in order to install a program. The only time this usually "might" be recommended would be for a Windows update problem or something like that but just installing software this usually is not required.

Get rid of AVG entirely. Go with either Avira Free or Avast Free.
That said, why would you need to disable your anti virus program at all? There is no reason to turn off an av program in order to install a program. The only time this usually "might" be recommended would be for a Windows update problem or something like that but just installing software this usually is not required.

I had to disable it to install Java and some of windows update.I have some games that I have to disable or turn off av

There would be no reason to disable the av to install java. If these are games played online then disabling the av program is VERY dangerous but that is up to you.

ill go for AVG.
even if its free its epic!

ill go for AVG.
even if its free its epic!

You might want to reconsider. AVG is not what it once was, many sites are not recommending it anymore.
Read this info:
"AVG has been removed from the Dell WIKI list of suggested free anti-virus programs.

It is no longer suggested at several other forums with similar lists of free security software."
http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/virus-spyware/f/3522/t/19354908.aspx?PageIndex=2

AVG's own website say to remove other security programs when running AVG.
http://www.avg.com/ww-en/faq.num-3283#num-3283

Avira Free, Avast Free and Microsoft Security Essentials which also is free, all consistently score much higher in testing and offer much better protection than AVG.

Microsoft Security Essentials, is simple to use, picks up viruses, quick removal, 10/10. My opinion of the best freeware security out.

I went with Avast and just made sure I disabled or took off the update sound as AVG was slowing down laptops and the PC something cronic.
I did try Avira prefer Avast now that I am used to it.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.