Does anyone have an idea what it is? I'm not sure how but my computer has been infected and have that Security 2012 going. Firefox crashed a few times today and I think it was a problem with metra.com from re-stimulating the problem. I believe the problem is taken care of thanks to system restore. I'm not asking for help, but I am asking for what qqd.exe is. I'm also curious if you can get this problem from another computer connected on the same network connection.

Recommended Answers

All 14 Replies

Using SAS is not going to remove the original infection which is in the Fake Alert Trojan family. This second one that you note is one that has been brought in by the original infection.
System Restore will NOT remove infections. System Restore works only on a very few files, namely registry entries. The only thing using System Restore had done is remove the "footprints" of the infection, not the infection itself. Using System Restore only will likely make it harder to find and remove.

In order to remove infections you must begin with the steps given in our Read Me First sticky.
Follow all directions carefully and exactly. Post back here with the requested logs.

http://www.daniweb.com/hardware-and-software/microsoft-windows/viruses-spyware-and-other-nasties/threads/134865

Poster was looking for info, not help.

I'm sure if they get issue's if it not been cleaned right, they will be back askign for help this time.

Poster was looking for info, not help.

I'm sure if they get issue's if it not been cleaned right, they will be back askign for help this time.

If the poster was only looking for "info" not help then why didn't you just give information, that this file is a Trojan which can create, delete or modify files on the computer and bring in other infection processes and it likely was brought in by the original Trojan which has not been removed?
You also should have given the information that to remove this infection that all the steps given in our Read Me First Sticky should be followed and logs requested should be posted once those steps were complete? That is the information required here.

commented: Read the post -1

jholland

Read what the poster asked and I supplied him with what qqd.exe is.

Get you facts straight, enough said

Oh, If you wanna warn me of incorrectly posting, do it here, not in a PM

jholland

Read what the poster asked and I supplied him with what qqd.exe is.

Get you facts straight, enough said

Oh, If you wanna warn me of incorrectly posting, do it here, not in a PM

I followed the rules here by giving you a warning, which here at daniweb is given via PM. I am very aware of what the poster said, and I am telling you the original poster made an error in the attempts to remove this infection and the original infection is not removed. We would be doing disservice to this poster by not pointing out this fact, which, if you wish to post in this forum you will do also. If the original infection HAD been removed then this additional infection would not be on the system now because it too would have been removed.

Again , Orig Poster asked what qqd.exe was and I answered.

Go Ahead and keep warning me and continuing the route you wish to take.

If a Poster want's help and not Info, you simply had to ask them, do you need help as it seem's you are still infected.

They would then have the option of replying, rather than you 2nd guessing what the Orig Poster wanted.

Guys stop down voting each other. This is not a down voting battle. Why don't you just provide him solutions so that when the same problem occur again the poster should not want to do and how to response. You can also provide him for information about this type of infection this is. And also answer his question

--> I'm not asking for help, but I am asking for what qqd.exe is. I'm also curious if you can get this problem from another computer connected on the same network connection.

Can't you guys just manage this kind of problem. Jholland, i known you are a virus expert, but why don't you just provide him some information and help at the same time. Just tell him what are the correct ways he should do to remove the trojan and some information about the virus at the same time. Surely you guys can manage that.

@Bal I just not what send you off. Your first post was fine intending to provide info. Then came jholland1964, provide more info and suggested that original poster follow a link on our forum that will guide the person in how to provide more info in order to help out with the issue.

Your second post is just out off blue accusation/attack in way "how you dare to reply since I already provided link". This was absolutely uncalled for and got you bad attention. Why don't you calm down and think about whole thing. We are here to help or receive help, and we like to discus things in friendly manner.

commented: Nice one Peter. +9

this forum has lost a lot of good helpers over the years because of situations like this one ,hope it doesn't in this case .

The Viruses, Spyware and other Nasties forum is best left to the professionals

well said peter budo

peter budo and other's who failed to understand

Ash clearly stated

I'm not asking for help, but I am asking for what qqd.exe is

I provided the link whic clearly show's the info

The file QQD.EXE (Trojan.Agent/Gen-FrauderX) has also been observed as the following filenames

Since the Orig Poster didn't want help, JHolland should have clearly read the post or waited until the Orig Poster came back and either replied or asked question's or even said they needed help.

So what you seem to be saying is, despite someone just wanting info, me or anyone else who wants to help, should post's Sticky's and everythign else in a longwinded post?

This serves no purpose IMO and claiming who is a Professional is neither here or there.

As to date, there is not one machine I have not sorted out, without any re-install or data loss.

Quoting it's a Injustice to a Poster can simply be reversed and say, it is an injustice to the software maker's who have clear solution's on their site, which tell you what to do.

This extends to making it clear that, if you want to be fully protected, paid versions have indepth option's which protect you better.

I won't bother posting back here, if a simple post by me just outlining, the poster was asking for Info can cause this much trouble.

jholland intention was to help the poster get rid of the trojan, because she knows that just doing a system restore will notget rid of it ,so poster needs more help that they think!!!

caperjack

It's not about what the intention was, you completely missed the point.

The poster asked for info and I was only pointing that out.

Having that reaction, just because I posted was uncalled for.

Could simply have posted, are you sure you system is clear, please update us.

We can all say what if the poster did this and that, but at the end of the day, the poster asked for info, it was given.

Just want to say to end this matter.

If JHolland just sent me a PM saying, I was just making sure the Orig Poster had cleaned there system, then I would not have posted my next comment.

Yet I get "You have received a warning at DaniWeb IT Discussion Community" and then threat's on how to post and DO NOT DO THIS AND THAT, then none of this would have esculated.

You talk about friendly manner, yet it's ok to talk how you want in a PM?

To end this matter, I appologise to the Orig Poster for all this on their thread and I also appologise to JHolland, when your intentions were to make sure the Orig poster was safe, despite them not clearly clarifyign if they just needed info or further help.

Take care and hope you well in this forum

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.