My labtop currently had spyware on it and I removed but now since I removed the spyware I had a trojan virus on it and it shut me out of google chrome so I am thinking that google chrome is the problem it's not so I go to the regular Internet explorer not working now Iam getting error messages saying virus attacking firewall Internet inactive stuff like that. I tried tO put virus protection but it shut the virus protection out so what should I do so I don't have to spend money at fry's.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

If it's a laptop and you don't have too much valuable data on it. You can always reset it back to factory defaults and have it fixed that way without any issues. But if it's possible, try installing an anti-virus program while your computer is booted into safe-mode so that the virus can't attack whatever you're trying to do.

The virus protection I have it requires Internet so do I use safe mode Internet !?

Additionally, you may want to doublecheck that everything is clean on the computer by using a different anti-malware product. For example, from another computer, download a copy of MalwareBytes. then transfer the setup over to the laptop via USB. run it and make sure that its clean. Not all anti-malware products find all malware. While there is overlap, some AV products find stuff that others cant.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.