i use norton2005 but i not satisfy i want a anti virus that can protect my computer much better. so what is best anti virus?

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

personally i use Symantec antivirus COPORATE EDITION 8.0 :D it rocks!

though expensive and not EASY to get (aka hard to find a DL of it online if you wanna go non legit)

it works, auto updates dailey and can protect 10 computers in a network on one disc! aka no cd key.
i like it and symantec , not a big fan of Mcafee, though its all up to the person.

so what is best anti virus?

Generally, an AntiVirus is a program that scans the computer's hard drive for similar behaviors, per say, of viruses and such.

i want a anti virus that can protect my computer much better

Definitely, one of the best AVs currently on the market is AVG.

Also, it's free.

However, the best way to avoid viruses and such is not just a single AV. Rather, it's the combination of several antispyware programs, along with BEING SMART on the internet--no stupid downloads and such.

Also, realize I said several antispyware programs, not AVs. Running multiple AVs can easily result in a computer crash. In other words, don't do it :)

(aka hard to find a DL of it online if you wanna go non legit)

Lastly, please don't cheat the companies that help us in the battle against malware. They're the ones helping us.

If ya have any more questions, post back.

Thanks.

" Lastly, please don't cheat the companies that help us in the battle against malware. They're the ones helping us." jhay116

Though for all those that do want a QUICK way to get rid of a virus go for "AVAST!" *actual title of the software* it has a free 30 day trial if you want to clean up your computer, though per the quote above, then please spend the 20 - 500 dollars to get the legit program, dont hurt those that want to go legit.

Mike.

Yes, you seem very right in what you do, especially looking at your signature:

your FRIENDLY Neighborhood baby eater.

You can't spell SLAUGHTER with out LAUGHTER

Death Cult Armageddon

Sure thing...

Thanks.

What dlh6213 said :).

I was using eScan AV for the past year, just shifted to eScan ISS. Seeing the performance given, for the first time it feels as if someone has made an antivirus software keeping the home user in mind

NOD32 all the way!

TREND MICRO! i have it on my computer and i absolutely love it!!! and plus, one of trend micro's products just got ranked number one on a list from the latest issue of Consumer Reports magazine (sept 2007). here's the complete list:
(1) Trend Micro ('PC-cillin') Internet Security 2007 (now referred to as "Trend Micro Internet Security 2007")

(2) Check Point ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite 7.0

(3) McAfee Total Protection 2007

(4) McAfee Internet Security Suite 2007

(5) Microsoft Live OneCare

(6) BitDefender Internet Security 10

(7) F-Secure Internet Security 2007

(8) Symantec Norton 360

(9) Symantec Norton Internet Security 2007

i hope this helped :]

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.