My pc takes forever to boot up, it sometimes hangs also.
I was wondering if I could have picked something up,
I ran hijackthis and am attaching the log, could someone please check to see if I have something that I don't want on my PC?
Thanks for any Help

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

I forgot, I am running windows XP

I can't see signs of an infection. You have a lot of processes running, most of them are not essential but seem to be started on boot time. I guess your tray bar is quite crowded. It takes memory and time to start them all up. You seem to have 2 firewalls running (AOL and McAfee), which won't help but potentially make things worse.

Go to Start->Run Program and start MSCONFIG. Then try deactivating all unnecessary entries at the "Startup" tab.

Ok will do, which firewall would you recommend to keep running, AOL or McAfee ?

To be honest - I don't know. Never seen the AOL firewall. So I would say take McAfee or simply the one you like better. The one you can configure easier to your needs. BTW, since you're running XP, there are possibly three firewalls running...:) (But that shouldn't make startup slow and I don't know surely if the Windows firewall senses the existance of another one or not. It's slim and doesn't disturb too much i guess..)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.