hi I am running Win XP with IE 7 beta. when I open IE I can't right click, install active-x, download from any site, click on links for downloads or run online scans. I did have hi jack this on my pc but I removed it awhile ago. I have ran ad aware from lavasoft, spy bot s&d, windows defender and Freedom antivirius. it looks like the only thing i have left to do is to reinstall XP. if anyone has any solutions I would appreciate it.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Also I can not access IE's options either thru tools-> internet options or thru the control panel. when i click it it just sits there. As far as trying to run any online scans it will breifly start to open the page in a new window and then close that window or it will open the page and all the links to run scan act dead.

hi I am running Win XP with IE 7 beta. when I open IE I can't right click, install active-x, download from any site, click on links for downloads or run online scans. I did have hi jack this on my pc but I removed it awhile ago. I have ran ad aware from lavasoft, spy bot s&d, windows defender and Freedom antivirius. it looks like the only thing i have left to do is to reinstall XP. if anyone has any solutions I would appreciate it.

Im having the same problem. Did you ever resolve???

Im having the same problem. Did you ever resolve???

dtapster, you need to begin your OWN thread. This thread you posted in is 3 years old.
We need more information on YOUR problem, what steps you have taken, what operating system, anti-virus, etc...AND if you note the original poster was running IE7 BETA version, this was a test version of IE7. IE7 has been out a very long time now. Are you having problems with IE7 or another version of IE?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.