Hey,

I see alot of people have hijack this logs in here. Should I have Hijack this? If so why?? I used to have it on my computer before I formatted it. I never put it back on because I thought it was some type of spyware....obvisously it was not.

Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Hey,

I see alot of people have hijack this logs in here. Should I have Hijack this? If so why?? I used to have it on my computer before I formatted it. I never put it back on because I thought it was some type of spyware....obvisously it was not.

Thanks

HijackThis is strictly an analysis tool for people who know how to analyze the data provided. It is not preventative in nature.

If you think you have a malware issue, then it is usually among the tools a Forum volunteer will ask you to run.

So, no, you should not have it on your compy - too many people bork their machines by messing around with HJT. . . ..

If you want to safeguard your compy, see my linky below!

Cheers :)
PP

If, my computer is running slow, should I try using it?? All of a sudden on my moms PC, it has started running extremly slow, but she may use it once a week. It has 400 Mhz processor, 32kb primary cache, 128 secondary cache, 160gb hardrive, 384mb of ram (cannot be upgraded any more) It has Zonelabs security suite. What should i do??

Running HJT is not going to do anything in and of itself. It may show some malware.

Personally, if malware is suspected or you want to start to rule it out, I suggest starting with Kaspersky Online Virus Scan and AVG Anti-Spyware Scan as I have outlined in these steps.....

PP :)

If you want, post the Kaspersky and AVG logs and we'll have a look.

If a HJT scan is called for, then we'll do that & maybe a few others, if needed.

PP :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.