I have a new problem. My computer is making noises as if I am clicking on links but I am not doing so. Also the computer is running really slow.

Any suggestions?

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

Well I would advise you to open the PC and see if the clicks are coming from the hard drive....normally hard drives will click if it's become dirty inside. this would suck lol If it's coming out of your speakers....you probably have some spy/mal/adware . Download AVG Antispyware from here for free... free.grisoft.com at the bottom of the page and then update it and scan your complete computer. Should speed it up and remove the clicking noise. ;-)

Good suggestion babes ;-) .... I usually use those too, but I normally start with AVGAS because I can use to kill processes and startup items :-)...see I knew you were a tech!

yeah sounds like spyware. i had someone doing remote desktop on me with similar effects

It is not a physical click from inside my CPU.

It is the same sort of click that comes from a mouse click and it is coming from my speakers.

norton's ghost fer sure.

Norton Ghost is a pgm... i was being silly. :-|
just another wee thought...that home page of yours... it doesn't have any embedded gifs with crabs clicking claws, does it? Cos your log is clean.... leave your Norton alone... :)

You're prob cranky at me for saying that but i don't know what is on your homepage, and flash player files running in the backgound can still put their audio out.
One other thing, go control panel > sounds and audio devices > sounds tab and select No Sounds, Apply and ok.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.