I have a caution ! sign blinking on my taskbar. a baloon pops up warning of a system alert, or security alert.
Currently it is a "System Alert: Trojan-Spy.Win32@mx". i am running avg free anti-virus an avg free anti-spy. neither of these have been able to repair the problem.
Yesterday i unistalled something called Video Access Active X Object 2.07, but this did not help.
This is similar to other threads i have seen. i have tried running SmitfraudFix, but i get a message in the dos screen saying the Fichier Process.exe absent
Process.exe file missing
Unzip all the file in a folder.
Can you help me?
I just ran an update of avg free and immediately got a notice of a threat. i clicked the heal option and the blinking caution sign went away; the baloon has quit poping up and it looks like the problem may be solved. this is the second time avg free has saved my behind when nothing else would work.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Please download SmitfraudFix (by S!Ri)
Extract the content (a folder named SmitfraudFix) to your Desktop.

Open the SmitfraudFix folder and double-click smitfraudfix.cmd
Select option #1 - Search by typing 1 and press "Enter"; a text file will appear, which lists infected files (if present).
Please copy/paste the content of that report into your next reply.

Note : process.exe is detected by some antivirus programs (AntiVir, Dr.Web, Kaspersky) as a "RiskTool"; it is not a virus, but a program used to stop system processes. Antivirus programs cannot distinguish between "good" and "malicious" use of such programs, therefore they may alert the user.
http://www.beyondlogic.org/consulting/proc...processutil.htm

Please download SmitfraudFix (by S!Ri)
Extract the content (a folder named SmitfraudFix) to your Desktop.

Open the SmitfraudFix folder and double-click smitfraudfix.cmd
Select option #1 - Search by typing 1 and press "Enter"; a text file will appear, which lists infected files (if present).
Please copy/paste the content of that report into your next reply.

Note : process.exe is detected by some antivirus programs (AntiVir, Dr.Web, Kaspersky) as a "RiskTool"; it is not a virus, but a program used to stop system processes. Antivirus programs cannot distinguish between "good" and "malicious" use of such programs, therefore they may alert the user.
http://www.beyondlogic.org/consulting/proc...processutil.htm

;)Since i posted my dilemna it seem that I have found an alternative, and simpler solution.
Before posting my earlier request for help I had tried downloading SmitfraudFix, butit gave me a dos screen with a message about a missing element and would only allow me to click OK after which the dos screen closed. I tried this several times with the same results.
Subsequently I ran AVG anti-virus and it appeared to have resolved the problem, but it quickly reappeared. After posting my request for help I tried AVG again, but this time updated the virus database first and then ran the scan. Upon completion of the scan the problem was resolved. A second scan revealed no infections and no further problems the last 48 hours.
For what its worth, the two most malicious infections I have had, the only infections that have required intervention on my part, have ultimately been resolved simply by running AVG Free Anti-Virus. Hope this works for other folks as well.
Cyrus

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.