My computer wont open also i cant open the control panel plus when i try to access the internet the internet explorer window does not open.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

just at a quick glance, you have two resident AV services running - Norton and AVG. With this arrangement your pc is in dire straits - they conflict, and badly. Basically, they spend a lot of time checking each other's virus signatures. So if you can access one, say by desktop icon or tray icon, just stop one from running. Then decide which to remove, and uninstall it. I know which one I would ditch...
Come back with how you get on, cos otherwise your log looks clean.

i deleted norton and did another virus check with AVG this is my new log. Still cant get any programs to open.

boss, that log is clean; i have no good idea about what could have befallen you. It could be some damaged registry entries, but first i would suggest you try this - check for any damaged windows components [and automatically replace them..] by inserting your windows install CD and going start > run, and typing
sfc /scannow
-be prepared to press enter quite a few times..

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.