I Know nothing about computers (i only got one 6 months ago) and when i turn it on i keep getting this weird message.

component xpbutton ocx not correctly registered, file is missing or invalid.

please help, what does it mean and how can i fix it

sammie10

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

it means your xpbutton ocx component is not correcty registered because the file is missing or invalid... to fix this problem you might want to recover this component... how? i don't know... lol

Member Avatar for thunderstorm98

I Know nothing about computers (i only got one 6 months ago) and when i turn it on i keep getting this weird message.

component xpbutton ocx not correctly registered, file is missing or invalid.

please help, what does it mean and how can i fix it

sammie10

Hello and Welcome to Daniweb !
First of all do not post support question here and please read the rules and faq's first to get informed.

xpbutton.ocx is malware infection you need to remove it through anti-spyware.

Im sorry ive put this question in the wrong place,like i said i know nothing about computers. it wasnt intentional.

ive got spybot on my computer would that help? thats the only anti-spyware ive got on my computer. its actually driving me mad because it appears the instant i turn the computer on. its not actually affecting how anything runs on it, but i know it shouldnt be on my screen so its very annoying

ya try it may it helps.

just have it tells me theres no threats on my computer. so im stuck.I think my best option would be to leave it well alone.knowing me ill do more harm than good

check with upgrade version or re-install the OS.

i think that could be the main problem. the computer was rebooted about a month ago and ive had this problem ever since. and also for some unknown reason i keep being told my internet explorer has encountered a fatal error and needs to close.

Think ive got big problems

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.