PirateTUX 6 Junior Poster

A lot of stuff has been happening on the Pirates game, so it's high time I shared a little with you all.

First of all, the first server build is done. That's right, we've got a bit of communication. Unfortunately, right now, it's a one-way conversation. The server is ready to receive connections, but the client is not ready to start a conversation. We're getting there, however. Having successful builds of one of the two halves is definately more than we had a few short weeks ago.

And I'm really happy to report that we've been able to do it without any compromises... at least, as of yet. What I mean by that is that we've been able to maintain a high level of flexibility and code portability, all while maintaining a fairly high level of performance. Nothing is optimized yet (especially not our communication protocol, but we'll work on that), so we still have a rather large space to grow into ourselves there. All-in-all, I'm very very happy with it so far.

At this point, we're starting to converse about content as well. It's really exciting to be talking content on a project that, one short year ago, was merely a concept. Hopefully soon concept art will be flying around our wiki.

So that's it... I'll try to keep you all posted better in the future.