All 11 Replies

try gmake

nope, I tried that!

Member Avatar for TKSS

Mandrake Linux 9.2
Kernel sources are installed
2.4.22-10 kernel
Open log with Wordpad or Gedit

What version of XFree86 you running? You may not have the correct binaries needed for nvidia compile to work....

Whatever version comes with Mandrake 9.2
This doesnt have to do with my video card drivers though!
its my sound card drivers im tryign to install!

Member Avatar for TKSS

It has to do with your compiling your video card driver though...gcc is what it uses to compile the nvidia driver

not graphics card, sound card *

Member Avatar for TKSS

not graphics card, sound card *

Ah...didn't see that. DOH!@

Member Avatar for TKSS

What mobo you have out of curiosity?

mobo? Nforce 2 audio codec interface is my souind card

I don't have much Mandrake experience, but you may want to upgrade your kernel to 2.4.25. Many issues have been fixed since the 2.4.22 release ranging from driver issues, to exploit fixes. I myself have had issues compiling kernel drivers, and an update to 2.4.25 took care of my build issues. (I was previously using 2.4.22 also, but for slackware) Compiling a kernel can be a bit troublesome the first time, but lots of help and documentation is available for this. Doesn't mandrake even provide an update tool for this?

As a side note, I highly recommend that anyone running a kernel prior to 2.4.25 upgrade soon!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.