So I've been having a problem with Gaim, the chat client, on both of my systems. Actually, I've reinstalled linux on them both atleast once, and each additional time I install Gaim, I get the same problem. It random crashes shortly after MSN login...

Mostly when my mouse moves over the application. As soon as I log in and go to drag my window or interact with it, the app just dissapears. It doesn't happen any more on my desktop, and I don't know why because it used to, but it's happening on my laptop. That bothers me.

If Kopete were capable of file-transfer, I would use that. Unfortunately all my attempts with Kopete have failed, and I can't get file transfer to work, so I moved to Gaim.

Can someone please help me solve one of the two problems... Kopete file transfer, or Gaim login. I just want a chat client that works well and is user friendly.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

What distro/version of Gaim are you using?

And did you download a binary of Gaim, or did you compile it yourself?

For alternative MSN clients (although I've found nothing wrong with Gaim) that have worked for me, I've used aMSN and Mercury.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.