hi evryone.

i have a network question , i have network base on win2k active directory. i share my network with mac workstations ( os 10.x ).

my problem is that i want that every time that any user from the AD domain will print to the share printer in the domain , he will need to identification of oneself and he or she will get authentication AD windows every time .

how can i do this.

Hello,

Just so that I understand the question correctly.... you are having the users of OS X log into an Active Directory domain, and then when they make a print out, you wish them to re-authenticate?

I am not certain this is possible, unless you force the user to logout after each printout, and that is dangerous, as if they have any files open on the file server, they will be abruptly closed and not saved. When Windows issues you a login credential from AD, it remains until the user logs out, or an explicit logout is defined.

Christian

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.