Hi,

I've managed to set my monitor to widescreen in the systems panel - not having a widescreen monitor, this means that it's all gone dark, except an 'Input not supported' message - which means I can't get any kind of display to change the settings back again...

Has anyone hit this problem before? Is there a way of re-booting to default display settings? (I can't switch start-up disc as I can't see anything!)

It seems insane to have a dead-end like this in the system... any ideas would be really appreciated!

dan

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Remove the file "/Users/your_user/Library/Preferences/com.apple.windowserver.plist", this is the preference file that stores the resolution setting (amongst other things) for your login.

thanks for the response. I couldn't see to do that - but solved it - zapped the P-RAM (rebooted holding Apple, alt, p +R together), then rebooted in safe mode (holding down shift during the boot) - this got me the display back, then re-set the resolution. seems to have worked...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.