my new advent laptop already has 2 paritions, but i am unhappy with these and would like to change the size of my existing partitions and create at least one more...

does anyone know a program compatible with Windows Vista that i van use for this...

thankyou Lonzdale...

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Click Start > Rt Click on Computer > Select Manage
In the left pane, under Storage category, click on Disk Management
Now select and rt click on the partition you wish to modify.
In the context menu, you will see options to Extend, Shrink or Delete the partition. Select the option you want. Sometimes one or more options may be grayed out and thus unavailable. It could be that such a step may be physically not possible.

use the disk managment like happyandyks said it the best around!! well for what u need)

i was already aware of this function on windows vista, but i was looking to create another partition aswell as modifying the two i already have!

Yes, you can use the 'New Partition' function to create a new partition in blank space on disk.

i was already aware of this function on windows vista, but i was looking to create another partition aswell as modifying the two i already have!

This function can create partitions, delete them, and extend them.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.