dear sir , RUN command is not working on my computer . i am using windows xp. can anybody please help?

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

is it just missing on the start menu because you could just open up your task manager and say new task

dear mike, actually i am able to open the RUN COMMAND dialog box but when i type something in the dialog box such as regedit or msconfig, regedit or msconfig box appears for just 1 second and then disappears.so i cannot view the details of regedit or msconfig.kindly help.

i do experience with the same problem,
hav u found the answer for ur problem..?

Has your administrator disabled it?

I think you need to try this------>SFC /SCANNOW. The main reason for using this utility is when you suspect there may be a problem with a Windows XP system file.
Perhaps you get a dialog box appear informing you of a problem with a .DLL, or your program will just not load! It is therefore worth checking to see if there are any corrupt system files using scannow sfc.
To do this simply go to the Run box on the Start Menu and type in:
sfc /scannow
This command will immediately initiate the Windows File Protection service to scan all protected files and verify their integrity, replacing any files with which it finds a problem.

he cant if his run box isnt working ;)

your right, i wasnt thinking....lol . the other thing he could try is to insert the xp disk and reinstall windows from the desk top but install as a upgrade. this can also fix the corrupt files.

when I try to open control panel the system is hanging, then I tried to open the run 'control' comman and the result same system is hanging

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.