Anyone please help me how to resolve windows error occurred. It kepts started and asked me to open at SAFE MODE and I have tried all the possibilities options but it didn't works!

Recommendation boot from: Safe Mode, Safe Mode with Networking, Safe Mode with Command Propmt, Last good known configuration and Start windows normally.

After I tried all possible recommendations above nothing happens, it did not brought me to desktop so that I can take out my files. And if not restarting, it's freezing... when I decided to lose all my files on my hardisk and run the windows CD setup to reformat the drive and have a fresh one windows i received the following message:

Windows XP Professional Setup: An error occurred while setup was updating partition information on:238473 MB Disk 0 at Id 0 on bus 0 on atapi (MBR) Setup cannot continue. To quit setup, press F3.

There is no other option just to press F3 to quit, then windows restart edagain and again ask to boot safe mode and when I tried message appear; Widows coldnot start because the following file is missing or corrupt: \windows\system32\config\system

Also when I attempt and chosen Safe Mode with command prompt it displayed this message: Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt: \windows root\system32\ntoskrnl.exe please reinstall a copy of the above file.

Please anyone help me as I need to recover my files... or reformat the drive.

Thank you in advance for the help.

jay

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

me too above problem accurs.Pls help me .
Thank very much
help me pls !

If you want to reinstall windows and lose everything you can fix:

"An error occurred while setup was updating partition information on:238473 MB Disk 0 at Id 0 on bus 0 on atapi (MBR) Setup cannot continue. To quit setup, press F3."

by going into the BIOS and disabling MBR/Bootsector Virus Protection

Secondly, if you DO want (if possible) to keep your files and can get to a command prompt try typing sfc /scannow

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.