I have been working on an Outlook Problem that Microsoft was unable to help with and was hoping someone here could. Messages get stuck in the outbox, which I know is nothing new. The messages actually does send, outlook just doesn't move it to sent items, an error message pops up that contains no error message, I can also delete the message in the outbox which I have to do unless I want the message to be sent everytime I start outlook. I tried deleteing the outbox.dbx so it creates a new one, I tried creating a new .pst file and moving everything over. Still nothing has worked, from what I saw on Microsoft and other forums there is no real answer to this. I hope that is not true, I even called Microsoft paid $ to have them say, try a new email service. Anyone hear of a situation like this and know of another way to fix it. I tried a 6 option proccess I found on some site I can't remember and that didn't work either. Thanks in advance.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

This sounds like either a damaged installation, or a protocol problem between Outlook and your ISP (which is why NS said to try another service).

There is a possibility that malware has invaded the Outlook environment. Or it might be that a malware scanner quarantined one of Outlook's files.

Another possibility is a damaged registry entry that tells Outlook where files go.

Try these (in this order):

- Scan for malware.

- Reinstall Outlook.

- Try reinitializing your service with your ISP (they will have to initiate this).

- Try, even on a temporary basis, a different email service.

This sounds like either a damaged installation, or a protocol problem between Outlook and your ISP (which is why NS said to try another service).

There is a possibility that malware has invaded the Outlook environment. Or it might be that a malware scanner quarantined one of Outlook's files.

Another possibility is a damaged registry entry that tells Outlook where files go.

Try these (in this order):

- Scan for malware.

- Reinstall Outlook.

- Try reinitializing your service with your ISP (they will have to initiate this).

- Try, even on a temporary basis, a different email service.

Thank you for the reply. I tried everything except the scan for malware. Norton is on this computer and it is only used for work, no surfing the net. I don't see there being much of a chance for malware but I guess never say never. After talking with the ISP and Microsoft, both said try another email service. Any reccomendations on one that is similar to outlook, that is all I have ever used to be honest.

MS is saying to try another email company, not another program on your computer. Suggestion: Yahoo isn't too bad.

In other words, they say you will have to subscribe to a different email server, and change your email address.

One thing: find out if either the email service you have, or your ISP, has its own email browser.

For example, AOL doesn't work very well except on its own email browser. So either use the AOL browser, or give AOL the heave-ho.

I never had a problem with Outlook 2003 but I am having similar problems with Outlook 2007 running on Vista with a Dell laptop. Since I sync my PDA with my Outlook, I have no other alternative but to use Outlook. I scanned for malware and nothing was found. Is my next step to reinstall Outlook?

Shoot, I forgot to come back to this and post how I fixed it. I had to have Outlook create a new sent folder. For example, I went in and removed the sent file, which I think is Sent.dba but I am not sure. I put it in a folder on the desktop for the guy so he could put it back in the outlook folder if he needed to look at all those emails. The weird thing is, I tried deleting all those emails, and that didn't work. Outlook needed to create a new file for the sent emails. All he has to do to see the old ones is move the new one to the desktop, replace it with the old on, print them email he needs, and repeate step 1. Weird, but works. I don't know about the PDA but I have never used one. Your best bet is to start a new thread asking the question so someone else who knows will answer it.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.