Hi All,

i m using windows xp on my desktop. it was working good but i got one flash drive 8 Gb n connected to desktop but after that it started work dead slow on any operation on that computer. i disconnected usb it start working fine. then i tried my camcorder via usb with the same desktop n results were same. Can anybody help me out what reason reason could b n what should i do to resolve the problem while using usb products? once i noticed when i plugged in usb camcorder at the taskbar the message comes your usb may perform slower for high performance install high speed usb driver.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Many computers have USB 2.0 and 1.1 ports. The high speed ports are often on the front panel.
You can look in device manager under USB for an "Enhanced" (USB 2.0) controller.
USB 2.0 add-in cards are available.
Send computer specs for more info.

Many computers have USB 2.0 and 1.1 ports. The high speed ports are often on the front panel.
You can look in device manager under USB for an "Enhanced" (USB 2.0) controller.
USB 2.0 add-in cards are available.
Send computer specs for more info.

Thanks for reply. i m running windows xp on P-4 1.7 GHZ with motherboard MS-6533 and it has only 2 usb ports on back no usb at front. i think it is usb 2.0. but everytime i connect usb it becomes dead slow. would you give me more advise to fix it??

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.