Hi,

I purchased a computer with vista home basic already installed. Well the system recovery got DELETED and now I am screwed!! Can anyone tell me if I purchase the home basic cd and install it will it bring my computer back?? or do I upgrade to premium?? I'm really trying to avoid taking it to a shop at all cost (no pun intended) I have gotten so many errors on this thing that trying to put them all on here would be impossible. I just want to put my computer back to when I first got it. Nothing is backed up or no system recovery!!! any help would be appreciated as always on here!!

Thanks,
Heidi

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

i am going to assume that the computer is not starting, Correct??????

if it is create a new restore point, if not get the cd from the pc manufacturer, usually cheaper than taking the pc to the shop

Yes it is starting but taking 4ever!!! I have got some major issues on here and just want it back the way it was. How much is the cd??? Will it fix all the issues now that I'm having by installing it new again?

Thank you
Heidi

You can try and restore your PC when Vista starts.

From the desktop, press the Start Orb > select Run > then type rstrui > then click OK.

When the System Restore window comes up, don't select the Recommended Restore - Select Choose a different restore point and click Next.

Look at the dates and go back as far as you can. Selec the oldest date and click Next then Finish. The PC will now reboot and try to restore the PC all the way back to the date you selected.

When it's complete, the PC will reboot back in-to Windows, and hopefully, everything will be ok.

If it works, PM me and I will help you create an Image of your system to prevent anything going wrong again.

bobbyraw is also correct - contact the manufacturer of your PC, they should send you a free restore disk.

Good Luck.

You can try and restore your PC when Vista starts.

From the desktop, press the Start Orb > select Run > then type rstrui > then click OK.

When the System Restore window comes up, don't select the Recommended Restore - Select Choose a different restore point and click Next.

Look at the dates and go back as far as you can. Selec the oldest date and click Next then Finish. The PC will now reboot and try to restore the PC all the way back to the date you selected.

When it's complete, the PC will reboot back in-to Windows, and hopefully, everything will be ok.

If it works, PM me and I will help you create an Image of your system to prevent anything going wrong again.

bobbyraw is also correct - contact the manufacturer of your PC, they should send you a free restore disk.

Good Luck.

Thanks for the info but it only gives me dates from yesterday?? If I get the cd and do it from the boot and click repair computer instead of installing will that work?? Just trying to see if it is at all possible to just get the cd as I am no genius on here....lol.

Thanks,
Heidi

maybe the cd will cost you about 30 bucks plus shipping or free with shipping. but so you know the cd will not restore any thing but your operating system ( windows) and maybe some oem programs

maybe the cd will cost you about 30 bucks plus shipping or free with shipping. but so you know the cd will not restore any thing but your operating system ( windows) and maybe some oem programs

I guess thats ok because everything I have (software) I purchased . I know I sound stupid but what are oem's?? Thank you for your advice I really appreciate it

Heidi

Yes, your right. Vista only keeps a restore record for 1 month, then starts again from the 1st of each months.

Same goes for the previous versions feature.

OEM is Original Equipment Manufacturer.

OEM is Original Equipment Manufacturer.

Bless your heart!! Thank you so much for your help!!! This forum is the best to get help with.

Have a great day !!

Heidi

One last point... If you know anyone with a vista dvd, you can use that. As long as you have the COA Sticker (Certificate Of Authenticity) on the side or back of your machine with the Product Code on it.

It dosent matter what version of the disk you use, as it will install only the version for your product key.

When you buy a PC that's got Windows on itt or buy a CD/DVD of Windows, you only pay for the COA, the disk still remains the property of Microsoft and can be recalled at anytime.

Its evening here for me, but you have a nice day too.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.