Does anyone know how to clean out your DNS,Caches,Temp. Int. files etc.

Do you mean how to flush your dns?

As in command line:

C:\whatever\ipconfig /flushdns
C:\whatever\ipconfig /registerdns

???

And for the other Probably deleting by hand or writing a batch file to clean them out.

That what you mean?

Yes, I know of that command line but I was wondering if there were any commands that I could use that i did not know of. How do you write that batch file?

I would be interested in any new commands as well

the batch for XP I take it... Sorry but I'm in vista it wont match but it will with a little work

This is mine ( I apologize i do not know how to correctly post code)
"::AGITA RULES!
del /s /q /f c:\Windows\Prefetch\*
del /s /q /f c:\Windows\Temp\*
del /s /q /f c:\Users\AGITA\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\*
del /s /q /f /A +H "c:\Users\AGITA\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\*"
del /s /q /f "C:\Users\AGITA\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\*"
del /s /q /f /A +H "C:\Users\AGITA\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\History\*"
del /s /q /f "C:\Users\AGITA\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\*"
del /s /q /f /A +H "C:\Users\AGITA\AppData\Local\Temp\*"
Pause"

Give me a minute to think about the locations of the temp files in windows XP

I'm at work so I'm a little busy lol

Sorrrry for the delay just a busy week. ( Really, my apologies )

TRY AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!!! ( Thats not yelling )

Copy whats in between

-----Start

::AGITA RULES!
del /s /q /f c:\Windows\Prefetch\*
del /s /q /f c:\Windows\Temp\*
del /s /q /f /A +H "c:\Documents and Settings\(YOUR NAME)\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\*"
del /s /q /f /A +H "c:\Documents and Settings\(YOUR NAME)\Local Settings\History\*"
del /s /q /f c:\Documents and Settings\(YOUR NAME)\Local Settings\Temp\*
Pause

------END

Copy this (between START0 and END) into notepad and save the .txt file to your
desktop as whatever you want to name it
Put your computer name where i have "YOUR NAME" without the parentheses.
After you have that done go to - tools-folder options-view- and uncheck the hide file extensions box. Go back to your *.txt file you saved on the desktop and right click and rename. It should automatically highlight what you named it, but use the Right Arrow to go the the txt part and instead of txt put "bat"...... Next just double click the file.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I do not know if the attributes will work, for they are diffent on each setup on each computer! Therefore ---

Leave the word "Pause" just so you can see what it deletes. It will show everything. When you are confident that it is correctly deleting everything you can remove the pause function Just by deleting the word.

Let me know if everything is deleted, It will show an error if it can't find the file because its in the wrong place or hidden.

They are just the major things, If you think of anything else you want gone PM me , or reply.

---AGITA

Thanks a lot...i have not go a chance to check them out but i will right now... I have been working this conference camera all morniing and am having serious bandwith problems

Sounds like you have a busy job lol

Good luck with both your problems. Let me know how it turns out.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.