I have 26 computers XP using 2003 server and i have installed a printer in every computer. Every user can see the printer but when they try to print, it says that the rpc server is not available. I have set the spooler and rpc to start automatic in every computer and i still get the same problem. It printed the the first few days and then start giving this error.
Please if you know to fix this problem, let me know how.

Thank you

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Hi

Did you install the drivers on each individual PC via a disk or the original drivers, or did you search for it via the network and add the printer?

Ensure that Remote Procedure Call (RPC) Service is set to startup automatically on the server.

michael,
Thanks for your replies. I did use the original drivers. My RPC is set to startup automatically in all the computers including the server. This is the code that i used to install the printer.
rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /ga /c\\%1 /n\\%2. I am still new in this field.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.