vtcampguy 0 Newbie Poster

Here is a copy of a portion of an email I sent to HP (to save me typing it out)

1 ) Program freeze ups. Where I have to close a program to get another to run. With 2 gigs of ram I shouldn't have to do this. Not multiple programs at once either I can have 3 running and have to shut down 2 just to get 1 running. It won’t allow me to right click, double click, bring up IE etc. It can run fine for about a half hour then I have the issue again.

2) On occasions I click on a folder either on the desktop as an icon or one listed when I click the Windows button and it does not show the items in the folder it takes me to a search screen. I have to restart the computer to be able to view the files in the folder. Then it will work fine for about a half hour then back to licking up.

3) When on a website i notice a little "web page error" at bottom left corner at times. Or I try to view one of my pictures, it will flash as if it’s going to come up then doesn’t. Or I’ll click on a folder I know has items in them but they won't show up, or if they do I click on them and they won’t open.

4) I purchased an HP notebook before this only to return it because of e same problems plus problems with the dvd/cd rom drive. Hoping it was just a fluke, it wasn't it appears.( I went through 3 HPs only to return them all)Very frustrating problem, and no "techs" at HP had any clue how to fix it and I'm experiencing same issues with the Sony Vaio I bought as a replacement.

I can't find this issue listed on any web forums either GRRRRR. On all the machines they were brand new with vista home premium installed.

ON the last HP, a tech suggested don’t add any of my programs and see how it runs then add programs gradually, no luck with just there software still had same issues. Also had same issues when HD was reformatted it to factory condition.

I've done adware scans, virus scans, RAM checks, software tweaks, you name it, nothing comes up or helps.
Only thing left I can think of is my Wireless Vonage Linksys router is having issues with Vista somehow.
GRRRR, very frustrating, PLEASE HELP!!

Im running it on A Sony Vaio laptop, 1.8 gig pentium dual core,2 gigs of ram, 200 gig HD

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.