j4mes_bond25 0 Junior Poster in Training

I've been trying to schedule backup but it's not starting at all.

I've tried 2 different task, such as opening an Excel & tha's failed as well. This most likely shows that it's not just the "Backup & Restore", but "Schedule Task" itself is causing the problem.

In terms of backup, I'm using Windows XP's Backup & Restore, which I'm using a very first time, I've tried both the "Incremental" and "Normal" but it's still not starting at all.

Backup & Restore works successfully, if done "now", rather than "schedule" to run later or "daily".

When checking the "Scheduled Tasks" folder (in Windows), it shows in Status as "could not start" and last result as "0x0"

While finding out what's causing the problem, I came across: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308558

It shows "0x0" as "operation completed successfully", however, that's not the case. This is confusing.

In addition, it asks to check the background "services" running, in Task Scheduler service & I followed the instruction given on this page and ensured that "Allow service to interact with desktop" is ticked and service is "started", but still no luck.

I wondered, if anyone around could possibly help?