Hello,

I am new to the community and was hoping to find an answer to my problem. I have created a few powerpoints in 2003. I followed the same routine as in the past, however when I save as webpage the placeholder is darker than it was before when I viewed it in the slideshow. The title placeholder is correct, but the bottom one is a dark gray when it should be white @ 50% transparency. When I change it to a different color the change is reflected, also when I take the color fill off. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

padawon

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Member Avatar for Dukane

I don't quite understand the problem. Although, the issue might be due to the web not supporting the same color combinations that PowerPoint can handle.

I am sorry for the confusion, I will attempt to explain the problem more clearly. In order to get the text to show up clearly against the image in the background I have to add color to text box, and make it 50% transparent so you can still see the image but also read the text. The problem I am having is in the powerpoint I have the color set as white with 50% transparency. When I export as html the color is showing up as gray with 0% transparency. But I know it will handle the color because the title text box is formatted the same way and it shows up as white 50% transparency.

It just didn't make sense to me because I have formatted them the same way before with no trouble. The only thing that I know to do is to start from scratch and I don't want to do that because I have the narration and timing set up the way I need it.

HTML has no transparency function.

Transparency on the Internet is achieved with add-on plugin software. Thus, no possible translation into HTML of a PowerPoint presentation with transparency features can exist, since PP doesn't know how to use such software.

I would suggest modifying the contrast and lightness of a copy of the image to achieve that result.

Remember that some people have a lot of trouble reading text that is on top of an image.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.