Hi, Im using windows XP home edition at the moment.

Recently I use bit torrent and download like 3GB files everyday which is stored in my C: drive.
2 days ago, when i tried to move the file i just finished download from C: to my external hardisk but windows showed windows explorer error and all the program is just closed.

I tried to move the file first from C: to D:(partition hardrive) and then tried to copy them again into my external hardrive, but it shows cannot read memory (something... i forgot)

what should i do?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Hi, Im using windows XP home edition at the moment.

Recently I use bit torrent and download like 3GB files everyday which is stored in my C: drive.
2 days ago, when i tried to move the file i just finished download from C: to my external hardisk but windows showed windows explorer error and all the program is just closed.

I tried to move the file first from C: to D:(partition hardrive) and then tried to copy them again into my external hardrive, but it shows cannot read memory (something... i forgot)

what should i do?

This is the error message
the instruction at "0x04681caf" referenced memory at "0x00000048". The memory could not be "read"
click on OK to terminate the program
click on Cancel to debug the program

Try to xcopy the data over to the external drive.

start>run>type "cmd">hit ok
In dos window type "xcopy /?" this will show you all of the parameters or switchs used in xcopy.

If you are not famaliar with dos you may want to seek out a friend who is.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.