I was just working on my computer, with Quicken open in the background, when it just closed itself. I tried to reopen from the shortcut and from the program itself and this is the message I get
"The drive or network connection that the shortcut 'Quicken 2007.lnk' refers to is unavailable. Make sure the disk is properly inserted or the network resource is available and try again."

What the heck? I had it open and it just freaked out on me. When I look for the target it just says E:\qw.exe and if I try to do anything with it, it just says this is not a valid target. I am totally computer stupid, so I have no idea what to do next. Does anyone have an idea? I would like to not lose my checkbook. I have backups, but it would still be annoying.
Thanks!

eowyn0622

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

ps - i use Mozilla for my browser, not internet explorer.

E:\qw.exe sounds like as CD drive. This is probably where your backup files are located.
Typically, Quicken is installed on C:, and usually in Program Files. I think it might be in the Intuit Folder, but I don't have a way to check right now.
All is not lost. Use the search feature to find qw.exe, or just explore the Program files folder.
Once you find it, right click to create s a shortcut, then copy and paste that shortcut to your desktop or wherever you want it.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.