I installed Firefox 0.9.3 in a Dell running XP/SP2 with dial-up internet access set to dial automatically. Internet Explorer accesses the internet without a problem as does Outlook Express. When I start Firefox, it dials and gets as far authorizing, then I get the "access is denied, invalid username or password" message. In Options/Connections, Firefox is set to "direct internet connection" just like on my other computers but Firefox cannot access the internet because of the "invalid username or password" block. What could be the problem? I don't see any arrors in the dial-up configuration and IE and OE dial normally and connect. I have reinstalled Firefox but that did not solve the problem. I believe the error number is 631. Thanks, Squeeze

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Dare I ask what the Windows Firewall is doing during all of this?

I installed Firefox 0.9.3 in a Dell running XP/SP2 with dial-up internet access set to dial automatically.

The curent version of Firefox is 1.0 Preview (get the newly-patched version). Start with that, then ask questions. I must admit that I don't know what the problem is, yet.

I disabled Windows firewall---no help.

I didn't realize there was a new version of Firefox. I'll get it, thanks. Squeeze

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.