Graphics : ATI Radeon HD2400 Pro
Sound Card: Integrated
Modem: Intergrated
Ethernet: Integrated
USB Ports: 2 Front 4 Rear
Media Reader Slots: 9-IN-1
O/S License: Vista Home Premium
Hard Drive Capacity: 500 GB

I was attempting to replace a pre-installed-win-vista with WIN-XP-FULL-home Edition. I put in the XP-OS cd, formatted the hard drive, it copied 10% of files,but half way through(dont ask why) I restarted the computer by pressing the power botton. **Problem** is the first thing I see when it turns back on is -ERROR LOADING OPERATING SYSTEM-
And thats all that happens every time.

Thanks in advance for any type of HELP.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Reinstallaing XP from the disc is going to be the easiest way to fix this. Don't do a repair, but a clean install, and reformat the drive (you can do a quick format).

Hey there
first insert the xp disk and make the boot sequence to detect the cd(dvd) drive first.Without pressing any keys @ boot up(when prompted if you wanna boot from disk)-if windows is nice it will continue where it left before you created the "tsunami"(just kidding).if the installation doesnt continue...well gues what....?
You gonna have to do a clean installation @ the next boot up

pending reply.

go into the bios and set it to boot from the disc , then do a complete fresh install of xp
reformat the disk (not quick format tho)
This should sort you out as long as you dont press the power button lol

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.