yes they are equal ,and once you delete the old one you can change the name of the new one to the same name as the old one .i think with out any problems ,been a while since i had to do this myself

Unfortunetly after applying this idea it failed horribly. And what I would have to do to get the same settings would take forever so I say I just suffer through the black background. :)

Lessee... icons and their labels... I think all they have is the text and the picture pixels themselves.. the rest of the icon image is blank out to its borders, so it is transparent. When you apply drop shadows you are actually addingsomething to the text outlines [a white shadow] which also occludes the background. What I am trying to say is that you must be seeing through your background also ie past your bitmap to the [uncoloured - black] desktop background. ie your background image has holes in it.
Internet explorer keys are also involved in the desktop, as well as the obvious explorer keys... well, it has to be, cos you can load a web site as background image. Desktop settings are HKLM and HKCU, well, if the latter exist they override the HKLM settings. If instead of the windows key you check the internet explorer key you will see your background image there, plus other names related to the display. Is it a bitmap, or is it html? Cos an html image will have holes so you can see through to the black or whatever colour you set for the Colour in Display Properties, Desktop.

yes they are equal ,and once you delete the old one you can change the name of the new one to the same name as the old one .i think with out any problems ,been a while since i had to do this myself

doesnt work. Btw, i found the tool. Its in the server 2003 resource kit. Copies the hives, permissions and everything.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.