I got around this once before, but I was just wondering if there's an easier way....

I'm trying to install xp pro, and when it restarts the computer to begin the installation the screen goes blank when the GUI should show up. I got around it last time by putting an old video card in and then installing drivers for the geforce and switching out the old one. Just wondered what the easier way to fix this is; I'm sure there is one.

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

By now you're probably done with this but, hey, there's always the future, usually.

Before upgrading, switch the driver for your video card to plain vanilla, generic, no-name-brand VGA, 800x600. I think it's something to do with hardware acceleration functions & screen resolution.

Works on my ATI Radeon.

Strange, I never had this problem.

You know, that is starnge. Loaded up XP pro on another cpu and the installation selected a generic driver. I had to go and grab the software off the web and update, but that was it.

speaking of. (Hi im new)
I have a problem

I recently re-formatted my pc into XP pro.
this PC HAD an Nvidia Geforce 3 which worked.. and shortly after it was reformatted the FIRST time it worked after a little hassle (2 hours)
well. Now its been reformed again
and guess what..
neither selling my soul to the devil or praying for merci from god helps
HELP?!
what do I do?!?!

I got around this once before, but I was just wondering if there's an easier way....

I'm trying to install xp pro, and when it restarts the computer to begin the installation the screen goes blank when the GUI should show up. I got around it last time by putting an old video card in and then installing drivers for the geforce and switching out the old one. Just wondered what the easier way to fix this is; I'm sure there is one.

i think it might just be windows XP doesnt like some older hardware >.>

Le sigh!
Thats nice.. but I dont have another Vid card to swap to.
Is there any way to fix it?
Ive asked a few people and just got spun around like an imbecile.

Go to the Nvidia website and download the "Detonator" video driver

Ok.. how will this help?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.