When i start up xp i get a message saying:

RUNDLL: Error loading C:\WINDOWS\system32\hwasgsne.dll
The specified module could not be found.

Im not sure what has started this but any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Hi
Start windows,open command prompt.With your OS system disk in the drive-type sfc /scannow.Let the process run trough.Restart when done and if you got a winner

Cheers

take note of the space in the command youre typing: sfc /scannow

take note of the space in the command youre typing: sfc /scannow

That didnt work. but thanks for helping anyways.

Did your Antivirus / Antispyware software alert you it removed a virus / spyware before this started happening? I am guessing it removed the virus / spyware but didn't remove the reference to it on startup. Use a program that shows you all the programs starting up at bootup to disable this startup. For example: Click Start->Run type MSCONFIG, click OK, click on the Startup tab and find the line the references rundll and hwasgsne.dll. Uncheck this line and click OK.

Did your Antivirus / Antispyware software alert you it removed a virus / spyware before this started happening? I am guessing it removed the virus / spyware but didn't remove the reference to it on startup. Use a program that shows you all the programs starting up at bootup to disable this startup. For example: Click Start->Run type MSCONFIG, click OK, click on the Startup tab and find the line the references rundll and hwasgsne.dll. Uncheck this line and click OK.

Thats another good posibility.

Yes its gone!!!!

Thanks MWilliams

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.