Version 2002
Service Pack 2

The Make and Model:

Dell Computer Corporation
Dell DIMENSION DIM4600
Intel(R)
Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.40GHz
2.39GHz, 256 MB of RAM

How you got to your problem (what did you do to create the problem?)
*Not sure how the problem got created :sad:
Does the problem occur every time? Is it intermittant
*The Problem occurs every time I start up

Error Message:
RUNDLL
Error loading C:\Program Files\WildTangent\Apps\CDA\cdaEngine0400.dll
The Specified module could not be found

Also..where can I go to download a current verison of Hijackthis?

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

try this, not guarnateeing it will work
windows BUtton+r
type in regedit
go to startup tab, and find C:\Program Files\WildTangent\Apps\CDA\cdaEngine0400.dll and uncheck it.
hit ok, restart.
Should not appear anymore

When I go to find the file it says it is unavailable...because it might have been moved. Is this file something I need?

This isn't something you need or even want. You are probably getting this message because an antivirus prorgam or something deleted most of it but left some remnants.

The first thing you should do is check the Add/Remove Programs section in your Control Panel to see if WildTangent is there and if it is, uninstall it. Then go to C:\Program Files and delete the WildTangent folder if there is one.

Next, to be sure you've got it all and don't have anything else lurking, follow the steps in this thread: http://www.daniweb.com/techtalkforums/thread5690.html

If you still feel like you have some intruders, you can post an HJT log in the Security forum. You can get HJT from here:
http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/x-Download-5034.html
After you download it, put it into it's own permanent folder (like c:\hjt\ijackthis.exe).

Hope this helps! Good luck!

It seems like a spyware. Download Adaware or Spybot and that should take care of any remaining spyware on the computer

Go into Control Panel, and uninstall anything related to Wild Tangent.

Wild Tangent is a component used in a lot of online games. Some do say it's spyware, while others "depend" on it, because they're addicted to those little snooker pool and card games that Wild Tangent drives. If you don't need that junk, uninstall it.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.