Okay this one has me stumped. I just reformatted my hard drive, installed windows and the updates, and now it takes about 3 to 4 minutes to boot up. It hangs between the windows start and the welcome screen for about 2 minutes. I have not changed anything, all devices are the same and it worked just perfectly before. I am running windows xp professional. P4 2.60 GHZ, HP, 512 mBS DDR 400, MSI 6278 motherboard. Maxtor 80 gb Harddrive. I have checked the bios settings but it appears okay. I changed the timeout on the boot.ini file to 10 seconds but no help. I hope someone has a solution.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Okay I have identified the problem but not resolved. I have a epson phot 925 printer that when I unplug it it boots right up. I have a hardware issue where it shows an epson mass storage with a yellow icon. I have the latest drivers and searched the cd but to no avail. Guess I will need to contact epson for this, unless someone else knows the answer.

Okay I have identified the problem but not resolved. I have a epson phot 925 printer that when I unplug it it boots right up. I have a hardware issue where it shows an epson mass storage with a yellow icon. I have the latest drivers and searched the cd but to no avail. Guess I will need to contact epson for this, unless someone else knows the answer.

Get starter
http://www.webattack.com/downloadfind.php?st=starter&search=Search&action=s
you have to many things(printer) starting up when you boot

Disable error reporting(services)&restart the print spooler service
Just a suggestion

I have exactly the same problem that you encountered with the same printer. Did you find a solution to the problem?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.