JAVA does NOT post any way to fix this error 1101 for VISTA on the JAVA website. When I try to install the Java 6.0 update 7 on my Hewlett Packard computer with Windows Vista Home Premium and I repeatedly get the same error 1101. Java only posts the fix for error 1101 for other platforms. I am not a "techy" and I have spent many hours trying to find the solution. I UNINSTALLED ALL of the previous JAVA versions in case that was the problem. That did NOT help. I have NO JAVA versions on my computer and I need JAVA!

The error message reads:
Error 1101.Error reading from file: http://javadl-esd.sun.com/update/1.6.0/sp-1.6.0_07/sp1033.MST. Verify that the file exists and that you can access it.

Instructions are given for this error code on the Sun Java help pages, but they refer to other versions of Windows -- not Vista. They gave some instructions which I went ahead and followed anyway -- didn't work -- instructions stated if you still can't install to download and reinstall the Windows Installer Package. They gave a link and I went there but again, that installer package was for other versions of Windows.

I emailed JAVA several times through their website but they never replied. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Your Windows Installer may be corrupt. Do you have all the latest updates from Microsoft? Here is the link to install the latest version

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/942288/en-us

Try to install Java after doing that and let me know what happens.

Hi :)
Please use this link to download Java.
Choose the Java version and download and install it.
Please get back to me if this works.

I found another post about this already and I confirmed that my windows installer is fine. This does not fix the problem.
Any other suggestions?
Thanks!

Your Windows Installer may be corrupt. Do you have all the latest updates from Microsoft? Here is the link to install the latest version

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/942288/en-us

Try to install Java after doing that and let me know what happens.

I don't know if you are a real person or a spammer...all you did was give me the link to the general java developers page.
This does NOTHING. It simply lists ALL of the various Java programs.
I have already tried to download the proper Java for Vista many times. It downloads but does NOT install.
EVERY time the SAME error message appears as I said in my original post.

Hi :)
Please use this link to download Java.
Choose the Java version and download and install it.
Please get back to me if this works.

JAVA does NOT post any way to fix this error 1101 for VISTA on the JAVA website. When I try to install the Java 6.0 update 7 on my Hewlett Packard computer with Windows Vista Home Premium and I repeatedly get the same error 1101. Java only posts the fix for error 1101 for other platforms. I am not a "techy" and I have spent many hours trying to find the solution. I UNINSTALLED ALL of the previous JAVA versions in case that was the problem. That did NOT help. I have NO JAVA versions on my computer and I need JAVA!

The error message reads:
Error 1101.Error reading from file: http://javadl-esd.sun.com/update/1.6.0/sp-1.6.0_07/sp1033.MST. Verify that the file exists and that you can access it.

Instructions are given for this error code on the Sun Java help pages, but they refer to other versions of Windows -- not Vista. They gave some instructions which I went ahead and followed anyway -- didn't work -- instructions stated if you still can't install to download and reinstall the Windows Installer Package. They gave a link and I went there but again, that installer package was for other versions of Windows.

I emailed JAVA several times through their website but they never replied. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

Here's the fix:

1. Download the manual Java 6.0 update 7.
2. Disable your internet connection (unplug cable or use "Network Properties")
3. Run the Java install.
4. Re-enable your network connection.

Daryl

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.