Hi guys, can somebody talk me through the steps I need to do in order to have my yahoo and msn e mail accounts linked to my outlook express e mail account which is my primary account. I want to be able to have all my e mail accounts checked for new mail everytime I start up my mechine, is this possable?
Regards
tanks :)

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Did you already set up your emails in outlook express?

yes my primary account is all set up but I want to link yahoo and msn to the outlook express accounts...can you hepl?
tanks

I think you have to pay extra money to yahoo, to be able to get your mail on OE.

That is not true. you don't have to pay for to set up yahoo in OE. But to link them to the same inbox i don;t think is posible because when you create the hotmail account the PROGRAM OE automatically creates some folders underneath the current folder list ENTITLED HOTMAIL. You will be able to create both email under the same profile and willl be able to checked them in the same profile, but they won't go to the smae folder. Yahoo will go to the INBOX folder and the HOTMAIL in the hotmail folder. If you don't kow how to set up yahoo in OE, just follow these steps..

On the Tools menu, click E-mail Accounts.
Click Add a new e-mail account, and then click Next.
Click the Add button.
Click POP3, and then click Next.
Enter your e-mail account information.
In the Your Name box, type your name as you would like it to appear.
In the E-mail Address box, type your Yahoo! e-mail address, for example, user@yahoo.com.
In the Incoming mail server (POP3) box, type pop.mail.yahoo.com.
In the Outgoing mail server (SMTP) box, type smtp.mail.yahoo.com.
In the User Name box, verify that everything before the at symbol (@) symbol of your Yahoo! e-mail address is displayed.
Enter your Yahoo! password.
Close everything and foloow these step to complete the set up..

1.From the Tools menu, click Accounts.
2.Click the Mail tab.
3.Click your Yahoo! Mail account, and then click Properties.
4.Click Servers.
5.Click to select the My Server Requires Authentication check box, and then click OK

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.