HI, My computer crash for no reason. It just reboot. There's no sign of warning when it does that. I have 400 MHZ, 30 gb harddrive, 348 mb. Win XP with SP2. Cleaned it up with spybot and adaware. Updated antivirus etc... There is one thing that I think could cause this is I get message from MS after sending the problem, it says device driver but couldnt say which one? Tried looking up for it but to no avail. I wonder if sudden electric shutoff may have cause this? :?:

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

copy and paste this into,Start/ Run.... eventvwr.msc /s
And check logs for errors

commented: Why do ppl keep calling you Casper? -- dlh +1

hi, I looked at those and there's like 4 different kinds there so which one should I go in and look for?

look through all 4 !:)

HI I also got this error message here......Error message: STOP 0x000000EA THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER. Checked it out and its the video card. Could it be that the video card going bad?

HI Casper, I checked everything out and uninstalled the driver and reinstalled the updated driver for video card and it is working fine now. Thanks!

HI Casper, I checked everything out and uninstalled the driver and reinstalled the updated driver for video card and it is working fine now. Thanks!

You welcome ,glad it worked !

HI, My computer crash for no reason. It just reboot. There's no sign of warning when it does that. I have 400 MHZ, 30 gb harddrive, 348 mb. Win XP with SP2. Cleaned it up with spybot and adaware. Updated antivirus etc... There is one thing that I think could cause this is I get message from MS after sending the problem, it says device driver but couldnt say which one? Tried looking up for it but to no avail. I wonder if sudden electric shutoff may have cause this? :?:

hey, im having the exact same problem. P4 3Ghz 1.5G Ram Rad 9800 SE. all drivers are up to date, yet still i get random crashes... help plz

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.