Hi,
We've been away from out home for 4 months and the computer has been shut off. My wife went back to the house and tried turning on the computer, and she cannot get it to get pass the "Welcome " blue screen..It keeps saying what is your windows password. We never had a password. Is therer anyway, please, that she can get the computer running properly to be able to get online?
Thanks
George

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Hi,
We've been away from out home for 4 months and the computer has been shut off. My wife went back to the house and tried turning on the computer, and she cannot get it to get pass the "Welcome " blue screen..It keeps saying what is your windows password. We never had a password. Is therer anyway, please, that she can get the computer running properly to be able to get online?
Thanks
George

Dear Geoss,
I would suggest that you go into your bios at boot up and disable the password from there. Access to the Bios is governed by the type of Bios - e.g. Award etc. Usually pressing DEL at the initial startup screen will get you in.
Alternatively you may have to reinstall windows.

Good luck.

Aitch, I don't think that will work because it isn't the BIOS password that's the problem. It's the Windows password. With Windows 2000/XP, when you install Windows you generally create two accounts ... a normal user account and an Administrator account. For some reason it may be trying to access the admin one (whose password you should have specified when you installed Windows.) Another option is to just leave the password field blank and hit OK when it prompts you. Hopefully that might work? Let us know :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.