Hi:

I have a HP Pavilion 533w desktop that loads up all the way to the log in screen. I can log in and have both keyboard and mouse control. I am able to enter my password and then it states that it is loading all of my setting. When the settings are loaded it then proceeds to the HP logo screen and then stops loading. I have mouse control still. When I do a CTRl-ALT-DEL the hour glass comes on for about 5 seconds and then disappears. It takes me back to the HP Logo screen and just sits there.

Any suggestions why this is like this and what to do?

Thank you

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Use your HP disk to repair the OS

Have you tried using F8 to bring up the windows boot menu when your computer restarts and loading the last working configuration?

Thanks for the info on my computer

Hello fvdave30, i have the same problem as you on my machine. I've been told this is caused from a virus. i havent done what i'm going to tell you to do just yet; i have to much crap in my box and don't feel like messing with it just yet. You're going to have to pull your drive out and make a slave on another machine and do a thorough scan of the drive. the virus I've been told blocks the needed .ini files needed to log into the system. If you try this and it works, please let me know.

Sorry to say, but i just got done doing what i told you might work.....but i still have the same problem. I hope you had better luck in finding a solution to your problem.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.