I have a hard drive that I formatted and dropped into a Gateway PC and cannot seem to load Windows XP. It tells me that all kinds of .dll files are missing or corrupted. HELP!!

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

I have a hard drive that I formatted and dropped into a Gateway PC and cannot seem to load Windows XP. It tells me that all kinds of .dll files are missing or corrupted. HELP!!

formatted and roped in ???, why not drop in and then format ,using the winxp disk ,

I am trying to load Windows XP onto a raw hard drive, can you help. the disks are not working correctly.

I am trying to load Windows XP onto a raw hard drive, can you help. the disks are not working correctly.

no i cant reach that far ,lol,if the disks[should only be one for winxp] aren't working correctly then maybe they are dirty or scratched

Love the sense of humor. They are new disks, but i get to about 98% loaded and then it starts with several .dll errors and I hit escape to get a little further, then finally it says windows has shut down to prevent damage. I wish you could reach this far, I could use your help.

Love the sense of humor. .

TY.
ok ,did you install winxp on the harddrive in another computer and then try putting it in the Gateway computer ,if this is why you are getting the errors .best to install winxp on a harddrive after you install it in the Gateway .

No, I have the hard drive in a totally different tower trying to load xp.

No, I have the hard drive in a totally different tower trying to load xp.

Let me get this straight... you're loading XP in a different computer (not the gateway) and then trying to pop it into the gateway?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.