i have problem in install xp using drdos........i donot how to use it please help me......

it came as DR-dos G:
what command should i give to continue the install......

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

thanks for replying..i burn the image using nero .the file is in daa format.....so please help me to format and install xp using drdos.please could u help me how to continue.....please help me........

please answer my question! i cant help yopu if you don't answer ? i ask , so i will repeat ,why are u using drdos to load winxp

and also check out the sited i linked it tells you how to use dr dos

man i write the cd using nero bootable disc.when insert cd it run some files and then
it is ends like
[DR-DOS] A:\>
what i do next i cant continue.but i want to format my system.please answer me..thanks for your reply.........

.please answer me..thanks for your reply.........

please answer me ,and then i'll answer you if i can .My ? to you is .WHY ARE YOU USING DR.DOS ,instead of just using the winxp cd

[DR-DOS] A:\>

when it gets here,[[DR-DOS] A:\>] its waiting for you then to type in a command ,refer to the link in one of my other post on how to use dr-dos ,what do you expect me to read it and then tell you how to use it ,you have to your part I did mine by providing you with the info needed to use DR.Dos

ive read the guide it doesnt explain for this specific issue already stated

ive read the guide it doesnt explain for this specific issue already stated

hi ,a quick look at the link and in #8 is says to format a disket or harddrive ,type format

or chapter #4 and see more about preparing a HDD

I think your problem is either the "daa" image of Windows XP you downloaded is bad, or it didn't burn to your CD correctly. I would suggest you burn it again, making sure you burn the CD at a speed no faster than 4X or 6X. Use the slowest speed you can, and you're more likely to get a good, complete burn.

If you have a Windows XP CD that has a good, complete burn, the installation should proceed as follows, and you should never see the DrDOS screen.

* With the WinXP CD in the tray, reboot your computer. During the boot process, If your computer doesn't show a message telling you to "Press Any Key" if you want to boot from the CD (not in those exact words), you'll need to reboot again, ... this time, hit the key that will open the Bios Setup (it will usually the "Esc", "F2", or "Del" key).

*Once you're into the bios setup, find the setting that will allow you to set the computers boot-up sequence (or Boot Order) and make sure you set it so the computer will try to boot from the CD/DVD drive first. Once that's set, exit the bios, ... being sure you save the new settings. The computer should now reboot again.

*Now that the computer is set to boot from the CD/DVD first, you should see the following message: "If you want to boot from the CD "Press Any Key". You need to press a key within 5 seconds or the booting process will automatically bypass the CD and go on to boot from the hard drive. If that happens, just reboot and start over.

*Once you've pressed a key, the installation process will start by copying several files to your hard drive. Once that's done, a blue screen (not the BSOD) should open that offers you choices of installing Windows XP by pressing "Enter", ... Creating a new Partition, ... or Deleting an existing partition.

*If you get to that screen during the installation process, you only need to follow directions provided by the installation process and your operating system should install correctly.

You should not recieve any messages about DrDOS during the installation process IF the installation disk image you downloaded was a good image/iso/daa, and you performed a nice, slow, complete burn of the files.

Hope that helps a bit.
disaksen

I think your problem is either the "daa" image of Windows XP you downloaded is bad, or it didn't burn to your CD correctly. I would suggest you burn it again, making sure you burn the CD at a speed no faster than 4X or 6X. Use the slowest speed you can, and you're more likely to get a good, complete burn.

If you have a Windows XP CD that has a good, complete burn, the installation should proceed as follows, and you should never see the DrDOS screen.

* With the WinXP CD in the tray, reboot your computer. During the boot process, If your computer doesn't show a message telling you to "Press Any Key" if you want to boot from the CD (not in those exact words), you'll need to reboot again, ... this time, hit the key that will open the Bios Setup (it will usually the "Esc", "F2", or "Del" key).

*Once you're into the bios setup, find the setting that will allow you to set the computers boot-up sequence (or Boot Order) and make sure you set it so the computer will try to boot from the CD/DVD drive first. Once that's set, exit the bios, ... being sure you save the new settings. The computer should now reboot again.

*Now that the computer is set to boot from the CD/DVD first, you should see the following message: "If you want to boot from the CD "Press Any Key". You need to press a key within 5 seconds or the booting process will automatically bypass the CD and go on to boot from the hard drive. If that happens, just reboot and start over.

*Once you've pressed a key, the installation process will start by copying several files to your hard drive. Once that's done, a blue screen (not the BSOD) should open that offers you choices of installing Windows XP by pressing "Enter", ... Creating a new Partition, ... or Deleting an existing partition.

*If you get to that screen during the installation process, you only need to follow directions provided by the installation process and your operating system should install correctly.

You should not recieve any messages about DrDOS during the installation process IF the installation disk image you downloaded was a good image/iso/daa, and you performed a nice, slow, complete burn of the files.

Hope that helps a bit.
disaksen

nice post ,if either of the above posters had said they had a winxp cd i to would have told them how to use it ,but as you can see from reading there post they never said they had a winxp cd

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.